I am SO into artichokes right now. Marinated, grilled, chopped into salads, you name it, I’m into it. This Lemon Artichoke Chicken “Pasta” has been quite a hit and I’ve been making it on a weekly basis. It is so quick and simple to throw together, too. The artichoke antipasto and the lemon blend together to make a delicious sauce for the spaghetti squash noodles. The lemony flavor brings summery, light flavors to the dinner table year ’round. Enjoy this one with a nice glass of wine and you’ve got yourself a perfect weeknight dinner!
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
Yeah, I said it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy…that’s how I like my recipes (and really anything else). With the hours I work and the hours my husband works, it is important to me to keep things simple, quick, and easy in the kitchen. Also, my hubs tends to be a bit of a picky eater, so the simpler the better when it comes to food in our house. A few things I like to keep on hand for last minute, easy meals:
- frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, bell pepper strips)
- frozen protein (ground turkey, chicken breast, turkey burgers, salmon)
- canned beans/veggies (artichoke hearts, black beans, red beans, corn)
- dry pasta (gluten free and regular, usually a spaghetti and a fusilli)
- minced garlic (keep that baby in the fridge to add flavor to anything)
Busy Schedules, Fast Food
I work a random schedule that beings around 4a and can end around 5p. There are always random blocks of breaks during my days, but I never have the same hours each day. This makes for a busy schedule and minimal meal prep time. My man gets home late so we don’t eat dinner until nearly 8p. WHOA that’s late, especially since I go to sleep around 9p (yeah, I know, so lame). Naturally, I try to make my meals quickly…a different meaning to “fast food”. There are so many options to make healthy, quick, simple meals in under 30 minutes. Cooking a healthy meal does not need a lot of prep time nor does it need hours to cook. It’s all about having a few key ingredients and putting them together to create something delicious and nutritious.
Lemon Artichoke Chicken “Pasta”
I came up with this Lemon Artichoke Chicken “Pasta” recipe because I had this in my pantry:
Trader Joe’s always has a little tag that says how you can use some of their products and this one said “throw in a pasta” and I said “YUM!”
And, of course, my current obsession with artichokes prompted this purchase as well:
Although this recipe calls for spaghetti squash, it can also be done with pasta as an alternative or if spaghetti squash is not in season. You can also use gluten free noodles if you are sensitive to gluten.
It only requires one pan, a small list of ingredients, and about 20 minutes if you have everything prepped in your fridge. Quick, simple, delicious weeknight dinner. And it’s even better the next day for leftovers!
What is your favorite healthy artichoke recipe?
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp artichoke antipasto
- 5-10 marinated artichoke halves
- Juice from half of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded chicken (rotisserie is easiest) or ground turkey
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1tsp salt
- Cook spaghetti squash as desired and fork out 2 cups. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over low medium heat, melt ghee and butter together.
- Add artichoke antipasto, artichoke halves, and lemon juice to sauté pan. Stir to combine ingredients and coat artichoke halves with butter. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and stir to combine. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, spinach, spaghetti squash, salt and pepper. Stir to coat pasta and mix all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.